Computer Networking Hardware Operations II
The first of the Cisco Networking Academy CCNAv7 courses, this course will help students develop workplace readiness skills and build a foundation for success in networking-related degree programs and careers. This course covers the architecture, structure, functions, and components of the Internet and other computer networks. With the support of video and rich interactive media, students achieve a basic understanding of how networks operate and how to build simple local area networks (LAN), perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement Internet Protocol (IP).
Upon completion of all Cisco Networking Academy CCNAv7 course offerings, learners will be prepared to take the Cisco CCNA Unified certification exam. CCNAv7 teaches comprehensive networking concepts and skills, from network applications to the protocols and services provided to those applications. Learners will progress from basic networking to more complex enterprise and theoretical networking models later in the curriculum.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- A+ Certification Examination
- Cisco Certified Cyberops Associate Examination
- Cisco Certified DevNet Associate Examination
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Computer Networking Fundamentals Assessment
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+) Certification Examination
- Network+ Certification Examination
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Security+ Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Information Support and Services||
|Programming and Software Development||
|Web and Digital Communications||