Computer Networking Hardware Operations I
This course is designed for students who wish to pursue careers in information technology (IT). Students who complete this course will be able to describe the internal components of a computer, assemble a computer system, install operating systems (OS), and troubleshoot these using software tools and diagnostics. The course covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software and advanced concepts such as security, networking, scripting basics, remote access technology use, Internet of Things (IoT) device configuration, documentation and change-management best practices, disaster prevention and recovery methods, virtualization, and cloud computing. This course helps prepare students for the CompTIA A+ Certification Exam.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- A+ Certification Examination
- Cisco Certified Cyberops Associate Examination
- Cisco Certified DevNet Associate Examination
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Computer Networking Fundamentals Assessment
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+) Certification Examination
- Network+ Certification Examination
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Security+ Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Information Support and Services||
|Programming and Software Development||
|Web and Digital Communications||