Medical Assistant I
Students gain foundational knowledge in basic anatomy and physiology, medical ethics, medical asepsis, terminology, medical mathematics, and legal responsibilities. Students also develop basic skills and techniques to assist the healthcare provider and/or other medical professionals in patient examinations, basic emergency care, simple laboratory tests, and administrative duties. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Recommended prerequisite: Introduction to Health and Medical Sciences (8302)
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) Examination (AAH)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) Examination (NHA)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) Examination (NHA)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Examination (AAH)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Examination (NHA)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Medical Administrative Assistant Certification (MAAC) Examination
- Medical Assistant Certification (MAC) Examination
- Mental Health Technician Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- National Certified ECG Technician (NCET) Examination
- National Certified Medical Office Assistant (NCMOA) Examination
- National Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified EKG Technician (NRCEKG) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NRCPT) Examination
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification (PTC) Examination
- Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT) Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Biotechnology Research and Development||