Medical Assistant II
Students apply and implement medical-assisting skills and techniques learned in Medical Assistant I. They also learn management of health records; cardiopulmonary resuscitation; care and use of equipment; collection and analysis of laboratory specimens; special diagnostic testing related to basic diseases and disorders, treatment, and medication; and job preparedness skills. Advanced on-the-job clinical experience in a healthcare facility is a part of the course. Successful completion of the program may lead to employment in a healthcare setting and an industry credential. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) Examination (NHA)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) Examination (AAH)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET) Examination (NHA)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA) Examination (NHA)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Examination (AAH)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Examination (NHA)
- Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Medical Administrative Assistant Certification (MAAC) Examination
- Medical Assistant Certification (MAC) Examination
- Medical Assisting Assessment
- Mental Health Technician Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- National Certified ECG Technician (NCET) Examination
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) Examination
- National Certified Medical Office Assistant (NCMOA) Examination
- National Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified EKG Technician (NRCEKG) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NRCPT) Examination
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification (PTC) Examination
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) Examination
- Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT) Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Biotechnology Research and Development||