Introduction to Engineering Design (PLTW)
In this foundation course in Project Lead the Way (PLTW), students use 3D computer modeling software as they learn the engineering-design process and solve design problems for which they develop, analyze, and create product models. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Aerospace Engineering (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
- Civil Engineering and Architecture (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
- Digital Electronics (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
- Engineering Design and Development (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
- Principles of Engineering (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
- Technical Drawing and Design (36 Weeks)
- Technology Foundations (36 Weeks)
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- CAD Assessment
- College and Career Readiness Assessment (CCRA+)
- Manufacturing Technician Level 1 (MT1) Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Manufacturing Technician 1 (Pre-MT1) Examination
- Project Lead the Way End-of-Course Assessments
- Project Lead The Way End-of-Course Assessments: Computer Science A
- Project Lead The Way End-of-Course Assessments: Computer Science Essentials
- Project Lead The Way End-of-Course Assessments: Computer Science Principles
- Project Lead The Way End-of-Course Assessments: Cybersecurity
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Engineering & Technology||