This welding capstone course teaches students the industry's emerging technologies, along with shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and flux-cored arc welding (FCAW). Students will also learn to operate a computer numerical control (CNC) cutting table. Students are prepared to earn relevant industry credentials toward employment in production or manufacturing facilities. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
The Virginia Administrative Code regulates the class size for this course. For additional information, see 8VAC20-120-150, "Maximum class size," or contact the Virginia Department of Education Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education at email@example.com.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introduction to Basic Construction Skills Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) Examination
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) Examination
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) Examination
- Manufacturing Specialist Certification Examination
- Manufacturing Technician Level 1 (MT1) Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- SENSE Training Program Certification Examination (Level 1, Entry-Level Welder)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Examination
- Welding Assessment
- Welding Level One Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Health, Safety, & Environmental Assurance||
|Maintenance, Installation, & Repair||