This course teaches advanced welding students how to fine-tune their craft and to perform welds in various positions, using multiple welding processes. Welding is required by a wide variety of industries anywhere fusible materials and high heat are needed to manufacture, repair, or alter products. Professional welders are in high demand and can earn accordingly. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introduction to Basic Construction Skills Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW) Examination
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) Examination
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) Examination
- Manufacturing Specialist Certification Examination
- Manufacturing Technician Level 1 (MT1) Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- SENSE Training Program Certification Examination (Level 1, Entry-Level Welder)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Examination
- Welding Assessment
- Welding Level One Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Health, Safety, and Environmental Assurance||
|Maintenance, Installation, and Repair||