Manufacturing Systems I
This course provides an orientation to careers in various fields of manufacturing. Emphasis will be placed on manufacturing systems, safety, materials, production, business concepts, and the manufacturing process. Students participate in individual and team activities to create products that demonstrate critical elements of manufacturing. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
The Virginia Administrative Code regulates the class size for this course. For additional information, see 8VAC20-120-150, "Maximum class size," or contact the Virginia Department of Education Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education at email@example.com.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Construction Technology (36 Weeks)
- Construction Technology (18 Weeks)
- Manufacturing Systems II, Advanced (36 Weeks)
- Materials and Processes Technology (36 Weeks)
- Materials and Processes Technology (18 Weeks)
- Production Systems (18 Weeks)
- Production Systems (36 Weeks)
- Sustainability and Renewable Technologies (36 Weeks)
- Technical Drawing and Design (18 Weeks)
- Technical Drawing and Design (36 Weeks)
- Technology Foundations (18 Weeks)
- Technology Foundations (36 Weeks)
- Technology of Robotic Design (18 Weeks)
- Technology of Robotic Design (36 Weeks)
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Business Certificate for Manufacturing Examination
- Certified Production Technician (CPT) 4.0 Assessments
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Manufacturing Technician Level 1 (MT1) Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Manufacturing Technician 1 (Pre-MT1) Examination
- Stratasys Additive Manufacturing Certification–Level 1 Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Health, Safety, & Environmental Assurance||
|Logistics & Inventory Control||
|Manufacturing Production Process Development||
|Engineering & Technology||