Cybersecurity Systems Technology, Advanced
This advanced course provides students with training in procedures for optimizing and troubleshooting concepts for computer systems, subsystems, and networks. Students explore the following:
• Basic network design and connectivity
• Network documentation
• Network limitations and weaknesses
• Network security, standards, and protocols
Students will gain a basic understanding of emerging technologies including unified communications, mobile, cloud, and virtualization technologies. The course prepares students for postsecondary education and training and a successful career in information technology. Upon successful completion of the course, students may qualify to take CompTIA’s A+ and Network+ certification exams.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- A+ Certification Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Computer Networking Fundamentals Assessment
- Computer Repair Technology Assessment
- Computer Service Technician (CST) Examination
- Computer Technology Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- IC3 Digital Literacy Certification Examinations
- IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+) Certification Examination
- macOS Support Essentials Examination (Retired)
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Network+ Certification Examination
- Security+ Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Information Support & Services||
|Programming & Software Development||
|Web & Digital Communications||