Landscaping II offers skilled workers satisfying career opportunities in varying work environments. The expanding and ever-evolving green industry requires skilled workers for high-demand occupations that offer educational and leadership opportunities. This course focuses on preparing students for entry-level employment in the landscaping industry through hands-on experiences, to include landscape design, installation, and maintenance, incorporating technology, plant and soil science, and utilizing landscaping tools, equipment, and machinery. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator Examination
- Certified Grounds Technician Examination
- Certified Private Applicator Examination
- Certified Registered Technician Pesticide Applicator Examination
- Certified Turfgrass Professional Examination
- Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional-Associate (CBLP-A) Examination
- College and Career Readiness Assessment (CCRA+)
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- FAA Remote Pilot Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certification Examination
- Horticulture/Landscaping Assessment
- Landscape Management Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Urban Forestry Certification Test
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Environmental Service Systems
|Food Products & Processing Systems
|Natural Resources Systems
|Science & Mathematics