Students will build on their knowledge of mechatronic systems in this second-year course. Mechatronic systems, comprised of mechanical, electrical, and software systems, form the foundation of robotics, automation, and advanced manufacturing (such as three-dimensional [3D] printing). Students will explore mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic/hydraulic systems related to mechatronics, as well as relevant computer technologies. Upon successful completion, students may qualify for industry certification. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Festo NC3 Introduction to Mechatronics STEM Lab Certification
- Festo NC3 Level 1: Fundamentals Certifications
- Manufacturing Specialist Certification Examination
- Manufacturing Technician Level 1 (MT1) Certification Examination
- Manufacturing Technology Assessment
- Mechatronics Systems Certification Examinations
- Mechatronics Level 1 Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Manufacturing Technician 1 (Pre-MT1) Examination
- Robotics Certification Examination
- Smart Automation Associate Certifications
- Smart Automation Associate Examinations: Certified Industry 4.0 Associate–Advanced Operations
- Smart Automation Associate Examinations: Certified Industry 4.0 Associate–Basic Operations
- Smart Automation Associate Examinations: Certified Industry 4.0 Associate–Robot System Operations
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Manufacturing Production Process Development||
|Engineering and Technology||