Database Design and Management with PL/SQL (Oracle)
Web-based technologies used throughout industry, including interactive websites, accounting programs, research tools, search engines, e-learning environments, e-mail managers, and numerous other applications, depend upon relational databases. PL/SQL, an extension of the SQL programming language, provides additional database functionality through variables, conditional statements, iterative controls, and packaging. Students enhance their relational database design and algorithm design skills by learning to write PL/SQL code that includes anonymous blocks, sub programs, procedures, functions, control structures, packages, and triggers, all within a browser-based programming environment. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Recommended prerequisite(s): Advanced Database Design and Management (Oracle) 6661
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Certification Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Advanced HTML 5 and CSS3 Specialist Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Artificial Intelligence Data Science Specialist
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Data Analyst Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Database Design Specialist Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Internet Business Associate Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Network Technology Associate Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Site Development Associate Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Social Media Strategist Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) User Interface Designer Examination
- Certified Internet Web (CIW) Web Security Associate Examination
- Cloud Essentials+ Certification Examination
- College and Career Readiness Assessment (CCRA+)
- IC3 Digital Literacy Certification Examinations
- Microsoft Certified Fundamentals Examinations
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Examinations
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Oracle Certified Foundations Associate Examinations
- Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Information Support & Services||
|Engineering & Technology||