Medical Laboratory Technology II
In this hands-on course, students perform tests normally seen in the clinical setting as they build on the foundational knowledge and skills obtained in Medical Laboratory Technology I. The students will use the basic principles necessary to perform competently in the areas of clinical microbiology, immunohematology, and immunology/serology, coagulation/hemostasis, and molecular diagnostics. Competency includes performing the technique correctly, understanding the theory of the procedures, and interpreting the results. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Certified Medical Lab Assistant (CMLA) Examination
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Examination (AAH)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) Examination (NHA)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- National Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NCPT) Examination
- Nationally Registered Certified Phlebotomy Technician (NRCPT) Examination
- Phlebotomy Technician Certification (PTC) Examination
- Registered Phlebotomy Technician (RPT) Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Biotechnology Research and Development||
|Science and Mathematics||