Drafting III (2022 Revision Forthcoming)
Building on competencies taught in Drafting I and II, students are taught the theory and the manipulative skills necessary to produce and complete accurate drawings based on the ideas and sketches of engineers, architects, and designers. Students focus on performing architectural drafting and design operations, using manual drafting techniques and Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD), and exploring careers in drafting, including industry certification options.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
“Drafting III” may be offered as a complement to an existing concentration sequence in any CTE program area. In some instances, where noted, it may be combined with specific courses to create concentration sequences.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Architectural Apprentice Drafter Examination
- Architectural Certified Drafter Examination
- Architectural Drafting Assessment
- Autodesk Certified Professional Examinations
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- CAD Assessment
- CAD-CAM Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- International Code Council Residential Building Inspector (B1) Examination
- Mechanical Apprentice Drafter Examination
- Mechanical Certified Drafter Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Technical Drafting Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Engineering and Technology||