Auto Body Technology II
In the global automobile collision repair industry, there is a growing demand for qualified auto body technicians. In this course, students are taught painting and refinishing techniques that include surface preparation, spray gun and related equipment operation, paint mixing, matching, and applying, and final vehicle detailing. Students who successfully complete this program sequence may be eligible to take an industry recognized certification exam.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Auto Body Technology II is aligned with the 2022 ASE Education Foundation collision repair and refinish program standards.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- ASE Certification Examinations
- ASE Entry-Level Certification Tests
- College and Career Readiness Assessment (CCRA+)
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Assessment
- Collision Repair Assessment
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Non-Structural Technician ProLevel 1 Certification Test
- Non-Structural Technician ProLevel 2 Certification Test
- Professional Communication Certification Examination
- Refinish Technician ProLevel 1 Certification Test
- Refinish Technician ProLevel 2 Certification Test
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Facility & Mobile Equipment Maintenance||