Small Engine Technology II
Students continue to learn to safely maintain and repair small internal-combustion engines used in industries such as lawn and garden, marine, and high-performance power sports (e.g., motorcycles, ATVs). Students analyze causes of engine failure and perform diagnostic and troubleshooting operations. This program leads to potential certifications in Equipment and Engine Training Council (EETC) and qualifies students for positions in small engine labs, technical schools, or the military.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Air Cooled Engine Gasoline Engines Expert Technician Test
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- EETC Technician Certification Tests
- Master Service Technician Examinations
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Principles of Small Engine Technology Certification Examination
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Small Engine Technology Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination