Automotive Technology III
This course prepares students to perform automotive diagnosis and repairs in the following areas: engine repair, cooling systems, transmission and transaxle, manual drive trains and axles, suspension and steering, wheel and tire, brakes, electrical/electronic systems, HVAC, and engine performance. Students are provided with more advanced instruction in all systems as they prepare for the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification examinations. The Automotive Technology program provides the fundamental skills necessary to succeed in an ever-changing and challenging industry as an automotive technician.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
This course is closely aligned with the 2017 ASE Education Foundation automobile program standards for Maintenance and Light Repair (MLR).
For every task in this course, the following safety requirement must be strictly enforced: Comply with personal and environmental safety practices associated with clothing; eye protection; hand tools; power equipment; proper ventilation; and the handling, storage, and disposal of chemicals/materials in accordance with local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- ASE Certification Examinations
- ASE Entry-Level Certification Tests
- Automotive Technician-Advanced Assessment
- Automotive Technician-Core Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Mobile Communications and Electronics Installer (MCEI) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Official Motor Vehicle Inspection Examination
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Facility and Mobile Equipment Maintenance||
|Health, Safety, and Environmental Management||