In this hands-on technology education course, students use tools to build and control objects and systems using engineering design. Students will learn about materials, energy, and engineering processes. Students design, create, and assess innovations, systems, and products to learn about how and why technology works. This introductory course is a prerequisite for Technology Transfer and Technology Assessment.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Aerospace Technology I (36 Weeks)
- Communication Systems (36 Weeks)
- Communication Systems (18 Weeks)
- Electronics Systems I (36 Weeks)
- Electronics Systems I (18 Weeks)
- Engineering Explorations I (36 Weeks)
- Entertainment Design and Technology (36 Weeks)
- Forensic Technology (36 Weeks)
- Manufacturing Systems I (36 Weeks)
- Manufacturing Systems I (18 Weeks)
- Materials and Processes Technology (36 Weeks)
- Materials and Processes Technology (18 Weeks)
- Power and Transportation (18 Weeks)
- Power and Transportation (36 Weeks)
- Production Systems (18 Weeks)
- Production Systems (36 Weeks)
- Sustainability and Renewable Technologies (36 Weeks)
- Technical Drawing and Design (18 Weeks)
- Technical Drawing and Design (36 Weeks)
- Technology Assessment (18 Weeks)
- Technology Assessment (36 Weeks)
- Technology of Robotic Design (18 Weeks)
- Technology of Robotic Design (36 Weeks)
- Technology Transfer (18 Weeks)
- Technology Transfer (36 Weeks)
|Health, Safety, and Environmental Assurance||
|Logistics and Inventory Control||
|Manufacturing Production Process Development||
|Engineering and Technology||
|Science and Mathematics||