Engineering Practicum IV
This course will enable students to examine technology and engineering fundamentals related to solving real-world problems. Students examine ethics and intellectual property and design a practicum project, a culmination of knowledge and skill gained in the previous engineering courses. In addition, students continue to investigate a variety of engineering specialty fields and related careers to determine whether they are good candidates for postsecondary educational opportunities in engineering. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Biomedical Engineering (36 Weeks)
- Engineering Analysis and Applications II (36 Weeks)
- Engineering Concepts and Processes III (36 Weeks)
- Engineering Design and Development (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
- Engineering Explorations I (36 Weeks)
- Engineering Studies (36 Weeks)
- Principles of Engineering (PLTW) (36 Weeks)
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Autodesk Certified Professional Examinations
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Design and Pre-Construction Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Pre-Engineering Certification Examination
- Stratasys Additive Manufacturing Certification–Level 1 Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Engineering and Technology||