Engineering Drawing and Design
Students use graphic language for product design, technical illustration, evaluation of designs, and engineering drawings. They increase their understanding of drawing techniques learned in Technical Drawing and Design (8435/8434) and Architectural Drawing and Design (8437/8492). Students use computers, calculators, and descriptive geometry and adhere to established standards to solve design problems. They work in teams to design solutions for an identified need and to produce parts on a 3D printer. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Autodesk Certified Associate in CAD for Mechanical Design Examination
- Autodesk Certified Expert in Generative Design for Manufacturing Examination
- Autodesk Certified Professional Examinations
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Mechanical Certified Drafter Examination
- Mechanical Drafting and Design Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Onshape Certified Associate Examination
- Rapid Prototyping & 3D Design Beginner Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Engineering and Technology||