Public Safety II
Students perform procedures related to law enforcement and firefighting occupations, including learning policing; the rule of law; the role of the courts, including juvenile justice; the terror threat; the history and fundamentals of the fire service; fire behavior; building construction; ventilation; salvage, overhaul, and cause of fire; the value of fire prevention and public fire education programs; fire suppression techniques; forcible entry methods; hazardous materials (HAZMAT) standards; and equipment related to firefighting and criminal justice.
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Note: Students must be at least 16 years old by the first day of the course offering.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Criminal Justice Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Emergency and Fire Management Services Assessment
- Emergency Medical Services Assessment
- Emergency Telecommunicator Certification Examination
- Legal Services Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Protective Services Assessment
- Security and Protective Services Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Emergency and Fire Management Services||
|Law Enforcement Services||
|Security and Protective Services||