Travel, Tourism, and Destination Marketing
This course is designed to provide students with an in-depth look at travel, tourism, and destination marketing. Students learn about business management, communications strategies, and the importance of sales and marketing in the travel and tourism industry. Students gain an understanding of soft skills, career trends, and opportunities. They develop advanced competencies in the areas of human relations, finance, safety and environmental issues, industry-specific technology, promotional planning, and market research. Academic skills related to the content are also a part of this course. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing (36 Weeks)
- Entrepreneurship (36 Weeks)
- Entrepreneurship, Advanced (36 Weeks)
- Marketing (36 Weeks)
- Marketing Exploration (formerly Introduction to Marketing) (36 Weeks)
- Marketing Exploration (formerly Introduction to Marketing) (18 Weeks)
- Marketing Management (36 Weeks)
- Opportunities in Global Trade (36 Weeks)
- Opportunities in Global Trade, Advanced (36 Weeks)
- Principles of Business and Marketing (36 Weeks)
- Principles of Business and Marketing (18 Weeks)
- Strategic Marketing (formerly Marketing, Advanced) (36 Weeks)
- Travel and Tourism Marketing (36 Weeks)
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Assessment
- Business of Retail: Operations and Profit Examination
- Certified Hospitality and Tourism Management Professional (CHTMP) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Travel and Tourism Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Recreation, Amusements and Attractions||
|Restaurants and Food and Beverage Services||
|Travel and Tourism||