Introduction to Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation
Students enrolled in Introduction to Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation focus on developing professional skills and using emerging technologies to prepare for employment in this global industry, rich in diverse career opportunities. The program includes instruction in the industries of lodging, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and recreation and fitness. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Career, Community and Family Connections (18 Weeks)
- Career, Community and Family Connections (36 Weeks)
- Family Relations (18 Weeks)
- Family Relations (36 Weeks)
- GRADS (Graduation, Reality, and Dual-Role Skills): Family Focus (18 Weeks)
- GRADS (Graduation, Reality, and Dual-Role Skills): Family Focus (36 Weeks)
- GRADS (Graduation, Reality, and Dual-Role Skills): Work Focus (36 Weeks)
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation I (36 Weeks)
- Hospitality, Tourism, and Recreation II (36 Weeks)
- Independent Living (18 Weeks)
- Independent Living (36 Weeks)
- Individual Development (18 Weeks)
- Individual Development (36 Weeks)
- Life Planning (18 Weeks)
- Life Planning (36 Weeks)
- Nutrition and Wellness (18 Weeks)
- Nutrition and Wellness (36 Weeks)
|Recreation, Amusements and Attractions||
|Restaurants and Food and Beverage Services||
|Travel and Tourism||