Baking and Pastry Specialization
The Culinary Arts Specialization course provides students with skills and knowledge to pursue careers in the food service industry. In a hands-on environment, students apply nutritional principles, plan menus, use business and mathematics skills, select and maintain food service equipment, and adhere to safety and sanitation standards.
The curriculum continues to place a strong emphasis on science and mathematics knowledge and skills, critical thinking, practical problem-solving, and entrepreneurial opportunities within the field of culinary arts. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Certified Fundamentals Cook Assessment
- Certified Fundamentals Pastry Cook Assessment (ACF-NOCTI)
- Certified Grounds Technician Examination
- Certified Kitchen Cook Examination
- Certified Restaurant Server Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Commercial Foods Assessment
- Culinary Arts Assessment
- Food Production Manager Certification
- Food Science Fundamentals Assessment
- Leadership Essentials Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- ProStart Certificate of Achievement Examinations
- Restaurant, Food and Beverage Services Assessment
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Restaurants and Food and Beverage Services||