Students are introduced to the plumbing profession and practice mathematical calculations required for plumbing systems. They learn to safely assemble, install, and repair pipes and fittings, and are introduced to installing fixtures of heating, water, and drainage systems, according to specification and plumbing codes. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introduction to Basic Construction Skills Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- HBI Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) Assessments
- HBI/NAHB Residential Construction Academy (RCA) Series Student Certification Assessments
- International Code Council Residential Plumbing Inspector (P1) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Plumbing Assessment
- Plumbing Level One Assessment
- Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Educational Foundation Examinations
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Maintenance and Operations||