Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration II
This instructional program teaches students to professionally install, repair, and maintain the operating conditions of heating and cooling systems. Students also explore emerging technologies, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, energy conservation techniques, and systems with exempt and non-exempt refrigerants. Completion of this sequence will prepare students for employment in a variety of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) occupations. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Air Conditioning Service Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introduction to Basic Construction Skills Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- EPA Technician Examinations
- Gas Heating Service Examination
- HBI Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) Assessments
- HBI/NAHB Residential Construction Academy (RCA) Series Student Certification Assessments
- Heat Pump Service Examination
- Heating, Electrical, Air Conditioning Technology (HEAT) Examination
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) Assessment
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Assessment
- HVAC Excellence Employment Ready Examinations
- HVAC Excellence Specialty Examinations
- HVAC Level One Assessment
- Installer (or Service) Core (HVAC/R) Examination
- International Code Council Residential Mechanical (HVAC) Inspector (M1) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Maintenance and Operations||
|Engineering and Technology||