Through hands-on experiences, students continue building skills in the installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems, with emphasis on industrial applications. They also study luminaires, overcurrent protection, service equipment, motor controls, transformers, grounding, and the National Electrical Code (NEC). Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Core: Introduction to Basic Construction Skills Assessment
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Data Cabling Installer (DCI) Examination
- Electric Power and Distribution Assessment
- Electrical Construction Technology Assessment
- Electrical Level One Assessment
- Electrical Occupations Assessment
- Fiber Optics Installer (FOI) Examination
- HBI Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate Training (PACT) Assessments
- HBI/NAHB Residential Construction Academy (RCA) Series Student Certification Assessments
- Industrial Technology Maintenance–Level 1 Examinations
- International Code Council Residential Electrical Inspector (E1) Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Network Cabling Specialist Certification Examinations
- Photovoltaic Installer–Level 1 (PVI1) Examination
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination