Drafting I (2022 Revision Forthcoming)
Students explore drafting careers and theory. They gain the manipulative skills necessary to produce and complete accurate manufacturing and construction drawings based on the ideas and sketches of engineers, architects, and designers. Students will focus on performing mechanical drafting and design operations, using manual drafting techniques and Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD).
Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Architectural Apprentice Drafter Examination
- Architectural Certified Drafter Examination
- Architectural Drafting Assessment
- Autodesk Certified Professional Examinations
- Autodesk Certified User Examinations
- CAD Assessment
- CAD-CAM Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Examination
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Design and Pre-Construction Assessment
- International Code Council Residential Building Inspector (B1) Examination
- Mechanical Apprentice Drafter Examination
- Mechanical Certified Drafter Examination
- Mechanical Drafting and Design Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Professional Communications Certification Examination
- Technical Drafting Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Engineering and Technology||