Students begin to master the duties and tasks of professionals who establish and maintain turf in public areas such as golf courses; parks; athletic fields; school, industrial, and institutional campuses; and residential lawns. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Agricultural Business Fundamentals I (36 Weeks)
- Agricultural Business Management III (36 Weeks)
- Agricultural Business Operations II (36 Weeks)
- Applied Agricultural Concepts (18 Weeks)
- Applied Agricultural Concepts (36 Weeks)
- Horticulture Sciences (36 Weeks)
- Introduction to Plant Systems (36 Weeks)
- Introduction to Power, Structural and Technical Systems (36 Weeks)
- Landscaping I (36 Weeks)
- Landscaping II (36 Weeks)
- Turfgrass Management, Advanced (36 Weeks)
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator Examination
- Certified Private Applicator Examination
- Certified Registered Technician Pesticide Applicator Examination
- Certified Turfgrass Professional Examination
- Chesapeake Bay Landscape Professional-Associate (CBLP-A) Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- FAA Remote Pilot Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems Certification Examination
- Horticulture/Landscaping Assessment
- Landscape Management Certification Examination
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Turfgrass Management Certification Program Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Environmental Service Systems||
|Power, Structural, and Technical Systems||
|Science and Mathematics||