Floral Design II
Course content covers a wide range of specialty floral designs, including historical designs, contemporary designs, oriental designs, seasonal designs, floragraphy, and designs for dried arrangements, novelty pieces, special events, and sympathy work. The business aspect of the industry is addressed through the study of pricing, advertising, shop design, wire services, delivery processes, professional organizations, sales techniques, and continuing education. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Agricultural Business Fundamentals I (36 Weeks)
- Agricultural Business Management III (36 Weeks)
- Agricultural Business Operations II (36 Weeks)
- Applied Agricultural Concepts (18 Weeks)
- Floral Design I (36 Weeks)
- Floriculture (36 Weeks)
- Horticulture Sciences (36 Weeks)
- Introduction to Plant Systems (36 Weeks)
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Floriculture Assessment
- Floriculture: Greenhouse Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Principles of Floral Design Certification Examination
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination