Agricultural Structural Systems
The course will provide students with knowledge and skills for building agricultural structures and systems. Instruction will focus on the surveying, design, construction, plumbing, masonry, and electrical aspects of building systems. Contextual instruction and student participation in co-curricular career and technical student organization (CTSO) activities will develop leadership, interpersonal, and career skills. High-quality work-based learning (HQWBL) will provide experiential learning opportunities related to students' career goals and/or interests, integrated with instruction, and performed in partnership with local businesses and organizations.
Class Size Regulation
The Virginia Administrative Code regulates the class size for this course. For additional information, see 8VAC20-120-150, "Maximum class size," or contact the Virginia Department of Education Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use this to download a zipped Common Cartridge file containing your course and resources. If your PC asks you to select an app to open the file, simply click away from the app selection window. You do not need to unzip or open the file.
You will import the file into your learning management system. For further instructions on importing your course, see the FAQ section of our website for step-by-step instructions.
A combination of this course and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses, is a concentration sequence. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses based on their career pathways. A program completer is a student who has met the requirements for a CTE concentration sequence and all other requirements for high school graduation or an approved alternative education program.
- Agricultural Business Fundamentals I (36 Weeks)
- Agricultural Fabrication and Emerging Technologies (36 Weeks)
- Agricultural Power Systems (36 Weeks)
- Agricultural Power Systems, Advanced (36 Weeks)
- Applied Agricultural Concepts (18 Weeks)
- Applied Agricultural Concepts (36 Weeks)
- Energy and Power (18 Weeks)
- Introduction to Animal Systems (36 Weeks)
- Introduction to Power, Structural and Technical Systems (36 Weeks)
- Livestock Production Management (36 Weeks)
- Operating the Farm Business (36 Weeks)
Industry Credentials (Only apply to 36-week courses)
- Agriculture Mechanics Assessment
- Agriculture Systems and Technology I Examination
- Building Construction Occupations Assessment
- Carpentry Assessment
- Carpentry Level One Assessment
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Construction Assessment
- Construction Masonry–Block Assessment
- Construction Masonry–Brick Assessment
- Construction Technology Assessment
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS) Examination
- Electric Power and Distribution Assessment
- Electrical Construction Technology Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Plumbing Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
|Environmental Service Systems||
|Natural Resources Systems||
|Power, Structural, and Technical Systems||
|Maintenance and Operations||
|Engineering and Technology||