2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Cyber Security and Cyber Forensics Infusion Units (CYBR/Locally determined)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Unit 1: CYBER SECURITY FOUNDATIONS
Exploring the Foundations of Cyber Security
Working with Virtual Machines
Exploring Cyber Careers
Unit 2: SOCIAL ENGINEERING AND PERSONAL CYBER SECURITY
Maintaining Endpoint Security
- Install an operating system and components.
- Install service packs and updates.
- Update installed applications.
- Install and update anti-virus/anti-spyware utilities.
- Configure critical operating system parameters.
- Enable security and auditing logs.
- Back up a system.
- Restore a system from a backup.
- Secure a router connection.
- Secure other personal/mobile devices.
- Secure a game console.