Explain the importance of financial planning.
DefinitionExplanation should include
- identifying the advantages of using credit
- identifying the various costs related to credit
- comparing common sources for building credit
- examining the factors to consider to establish credit
- identifying general types of insurance
- identifying the costs associated with insurance coverage
- describing how insurance works.
- Why is it important to establish credit?
- What are some factors one should consider when establishing credit?
- Why is it important to use credit wisely?
- Why is it important to have insurance coverage?
- What types of strategies can be utilized to mitigate financial risk?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.