Update personal and leadership goals.
DefinitionUpdate should include
- identifying leadership opportunities
- selecting leadership opportunities to which personal skills are well matched
- selecting leadership opportunities that are progressively challenging and require increasing amounts of responsibility
- assessing personal performance in each leadership opportunity.
- Why should one establish short- and long-term goals?
- How can backwards planning help one accomplish goals?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use critical thinking to generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, and evaluative questions about the text(s).
- Identify and synthesize resources to make decisions, complete tasks, and solve specific problems.
- Analyze multiple texts addressing the same topic to determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Analyze false premises claims, counterclaims, and other evidence in persuasive writing.