Research postsecondary education opportunities.
DefinitionResearch should focus on a single career path and include documentation of
- company and on-the-job training opportunities including apprenticeships and internships
- the community college system (two-year degree programs)
- four-year colleges or universities
- business or trade schools
- online courses, degree programs, and certifications
- the military.
- What advantages can a postsecondary education provide?
- What opportunities exist at your local community college?
- What benefits do online courses provide?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and organize information from a variety of credible resources to produce a research product.
- Frame, analyze, and synthesize information to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Analyze information gathered from diverse sources by identifying misconceptions, main and supporting ideas, conflicting information, point of view, or bias.
- Critically evaluate the accuracy, quality, and validity of the information.
- Cite sources for both quoted and paraphrased ideas using a standard method of documentation, such as that of the Modern Language Association (MLA) or the American Psychological Association (APA).
- Define the meaning and consequences of plagiarism and follow ethical and legal guidelines for gathering and using information.
- Demonstrate ethical use of the Internet.