Examine an ethical dilemma.
DefinitionExamination should include
- ethical responsibilities
- differentiating among ethical, unethical, moral, and immoral behavior.
- What types of ethical dilemmas have you encountered?
- How did you resolve the ethical dilemmas you encountered?
- How do you deal with differences between your personal values and societies values?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.