2019/2020 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Entrepreneurship (9093/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Personal Qualities and Abilities
Demonstrating Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrating Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking.
- Demonstrate career- and life-management skills.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and adaptability.
- Manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate information-literacy skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information security.
- Maintain working knowledge of current information-technology (IT) systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, and machines common to a specific occupation.
- Apply mathematical skills to job-specific tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate workplace safety.
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Work-Based Learning
- Explain the concept of entrepreneurship.
- Explain the concept of intrapreneurship.
- Explain the importance of social entrepreneurship.
- Describe goals of being an entrepreneur.
- Describe the entrepreneurial mindset.
- Research entrepreneurs.
- Describe the role of innovation in entrepreneurship.
- Explain entrepreneurial roots of opportunity.
- Examine career opportunities in entrepreneurship.
- Describe the purposes and types of business communication.
- Identify types and components of an oral presentation.
- Describe trends in entrepreneurship.
Understanding Design Thinking and Business Model Development
Understanding Business Ownership
Understanding Financial Statements
Understanding Marketing Principles
- Explain the components of the marketing mix.
- Describe outbound and inbound marketing.
- Explain the concept of target market.
- Explain the purpose of branding.
- Identify the elements of the promotional mix.
- Develop a sample of each element in the promotional mix.
- Describe the marketing functions and their importance.
- Identify sources for locating vendors and suppliers.
Understanding Basic Economic Principles
Developing Sales and Customer Service Skills
Planning an Entrepreneurial Venture
- Identify venture opportunities in the school or community.
- Analyze potential competitors.
- Explain the concept of SWOT analysis.
- Create a business model.
- Develop an elevator pitch and an investor pitch.
- Explain the importance of business ethics.
- Describe business costs.
- Explain the process of projecting initial funding requirements.
- Develop a mission statement.
- Develop a vision statement.
- Develop a business plan.