Perform a preliminary strand test for a permanent wave.
Performance should include
- wrapping one rod in each area of the head (i.e., top, side, nape)
- applying cotton
- processing according to manufacturer's directions
- performing a test curl.
- What is the purpose of a strand test?
- What product should be used to perform the test?
- What information can be obtained from performing a strand test?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
b. safe use of chemicals and equipment;