Demonstrate safety practices when working with all chemicals.
DefinitionDemonstration should include
- washing and sanitizing hands before and after every service
- reading and following manufacturer's directions for products being used
- wearing protective gloves when necessary
- removing products completely from skin of employee and client
- keeping chemicals properly secured.
- Why is it important to read manufacturer's directions before using a product?
- What are some ways to remove products from the skin?
- What should be done if a client has an allergic reaction to a product?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
b. safe use of chemicals and equipment;