Demonstrate removal of artificial nails.
Demonstration should include the following steps:
- Wash and sanitize hands.
- Soak nails in an approved solvent (e.g., acetone) specified by the manufacturer.
- Use orangewood stick, and gently push off softened acrylic nail.
- Repeat until all acrylic has been removed.
- Do not remove acrylic with nippers as this will damage the nail plate.
- How long should you soak nails in acetone?
- Why is the orangewood stick used to push off acrylic?
- What type of follow-up care/instructions is the client given?