Apply permanent tint retouch.
Application should include the following steps:
- Follow manufacturer's directions.
- Apply permanent tint to regrowth.
- Perform a strand test for desired results.
- Rinse color from hair with cool water.
- Shampoo hair with acid-balanced shampoo.
- Recondition hair.
- Remove stains from skin.
- Towel dry hair.
- Re-examine the scalp and hair.
- Clean and sanitize implements and work area.
- Why is it important to only apply the tint on the new growth? What can happen if the tint is applied to previously tinted hair?
- What can be done to refresh faded ends?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
b. safe use of chemicals and equipment;