Apply first time (virgin) permanent tint to hair.
Application should include the following steps:
- Follow manufacturer's directions.
- Apply tint to 1/2 inch from scalp, but not including the last inch.
- Apply on the scalp and ends with fresh tint.
- Strand test for desired results.
- Rinse color from hair with cool water.
- Shampoo hair with acid-balanced shampoo.
- Recondition hair.
- Remove stains from skin.
- Towel dry hair.
- Re-examine the scalp and hair.
- Clean and sanitize implements and work area.
- What volume of peroxide should be used? Why?
- What is meant by single-process haircoloring?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
b. safe use of chemicals and equipment;