Apply lightening retouch.
Application should include the following steps:
- Clean and sanitize implements and work area.
- Read manufacturer's directions.
- Apply lightener to new growth of hair shaft.
- Test for lightening results to match previously lightened hair.
- Rinse lightener from hair with cool water.
- Shampoo hair with acid-balanced shampoo.
- Recondition hair.
- Towel dry hair.
- Reexamine the scalp and hair.
- Apply toner, if necessary.
- What is the line of demarcation?
- Why is it important to lighten the new growth first?
- Why are cream lighteners generally used?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
b. safe use of chemicals and equipment;