Follow competency procedures.
DefinitionFollowing competency procedures (e.g., basic shampoo, wet set with rollers, basic perm, basic facial, plain pedicure) should include demonstrating knowledge of the theory behind cosmetology competencies and adhering to those procedures in practical application.
- How do studying theoretical principles benefit cosmetologists in the workplace?
- What consequences may arise from not following competency procedures?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate nonfiction texts.
- Identify text organization and structure.
- Recognize an author’s intended audience and purpose for writing.
- Skim manuals or informational sources to locate information.
- Compare and contrast informational texts.
- Interpret and use data and information in maps, charts, graphs, timelines, tables, and diagrams.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support as evidence.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Use reading strategies throughout the reading process to monitor comprehension.
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and follow directions to complete an application for college admission, for a scholarship, or for employment.
- Generalize ideas from selections to make predictions about other texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.