Conduct client consultation regarding use of hair products.
DefinitionConsultation should include
- asking questions about client's product usage
- asking questions about known allergies
- determining the client's needs
- determining the services that meet client's needs.
- How should you prepare for a client consultation?
- Why is consulting with clients important?
- What skills are needed when consulting with clients?
- What privacy issues should be used when consulting with clients?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will participate in, collaborate in, and report on small-group learning activities.
- Assume responsibility for specific group tasks.
- Collaborate in the preparation or summary of the group activity.
- Include all group members in oral presentation.
- Choose vocabulary, language, and tone appropriate to the topic, audience, and purpose.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with diverse teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Collaborate with others to exchange ideas, develop new understandings, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Access, critically evaluate, and use information accurately to solve problems.
- Evaluate one’s own role in preparation and delivery of oral reports.
- Use a variety of strategies to listen actively.
- Analyze and interpret others' presentations.
- Evaluate effectiveness of group process in preparation and delivery of oral reports.
The student will make informative and persuasive presentations.
- Gather and organize evidence to support a position.
- Present evidence clearly and convincingly.
- Address counterclaims.
- Support and defend ideas in public forums.
- Use grammatically correct language, including vocabulary appropriate to the topic, audience, and purpose.
- Monitor listening and use a variety of active listening strategies to make evaluations.
- Use presentation technology.
- Collaborate and report on small-group learning activities.