Demonstrate safety practices when working with all chemicals.
DefinitionDemonstration should include
- washing and sanitizing hands before and after every service
- reading and following manufacturer's directions for products being used
- wearing protective gloves when necessary
- removing products completely from skin of employee and client
- keeping chemicals properly secured.
- Why is it necessary to examine the client's skin, hands, and feet for abrasions, disorders, and diseases?
- What should be done if the client has skin damage?
- Why is it necessary to read and follow manufacturer's directions for chemicals?
- When should gloves be worn?
- What can happen if the entire treatment product is not removed from skin?
- When is it necessary to apply a moisturizer at the completion of a service?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand that experiments in which variables are measured, analyzed, and evaluated produce observations and verifiable data. Key concepts include
b. safe use of chemicals and equipment;