Demonstrate prescribed procedures for attending to a contaminated (i.e., by blood spill, disease) work area.
DefinitionDemonstration should include following sanitation and disinfection guidelines and procedures
- soaking implements in appropriate disinfectant
- disinfecting and sanitizing work area
- properly disposing of towels and swabs.
- What is the difference between sterilization and disinfection? Why are both important in the lab/shop?
- Why is it particularly important to dispose of soiled towels correctly?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the role of government in the Virginia and United States economies by
- describing the provision of government goods and services that are not readily produced by the market;
- describing government’s establishment and maintenance of the rules and institutions in which markets operate, including the establishment and enforcement of property rights, contracts, consumer rights, labor-management relations, environmental protection, and competition in the marketplace;
- investigating and describing the types and purposes of taxation that are used by local, state, and federal governments to pay for services provided by the government;
- analyzing how Congress can use fiscal policy to stabilize the economy;
- describing the effects of the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy on price stability, employment, and the economy; and
- evaluating the trade-offs in government decisions.