Identify the components of a Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
DefinitionIdentification should include
- ingredients of product
- exposure control
- Why is it important for all cosmetology employees to understand the ingredients of the chemicals used in the lab/shop?
- What are the dangers of improper use of chemicals?
- What is the appropriate location for information concerning a medical reaction to products?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the role of government in the Virginia and United States economies by
- describing the provision of government goods and services that are not readily produced by the market;
- describing government’s establishment and maintenance of the rules and institutions in which markets operate, including the establishment and enforcement of property rights, contracts, consumer rights, labor-management relations, environmental protection, and competition in the marketplace;
- investigating and describing the types and purposes of taxation that are used by local, state, and federal governments to pay for services provided by the government;
- analyzing how Congress can use fiscal policy to stabilize the economy;
- describing the effects of the Federal Reserve’s monetary policy on price stability, employment, and the economy; and
- evaluating the trade-offs in government decisions.