Identify the use and maintenance of tools and equipment.
DefinitionIdentification should include
- regular cleaning
- proper storage
- routine check of settings and connections
- scheduled backup of data
- utilities and virus-protection software
- common industry practices
- appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- equipment manufacturer recommendations.
- What can result from failure to follow safety procedures?
- What dangers are associated with improper software usage?
- Why is it important to back up data on a regular basis?
- What is the proper method of cleaning equipment?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate nonfiction texts.
- Identify text organization and structure.
- Recognize an author’s intended audience and purpose for writing.
- Skim manuals or informational sources to locate information.
- Compare and contrast informational texts.
- Interpret and use data and information in maps, charts, graphs, timelines, tables, and diagrams.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support as evidence.
- Analyze and synthesize information in order to solve problems, answer questions, and generate new knowledge.
- Use reading strategies throughout the reading process to monitor comprehension.
The student will read and analyze a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Use information from texts to clarify understanding of concepts.
- Read and follow directions to complete an application for college admission, for a scholarship, or for employment.
- Generalize ideas from selections to make predictions about other texts.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences about explicit and implied information, using textual support.
- Analyze two or more texts addressing the same topic to identify authors’ purposes and determine how authors reach similar or different conclusions.
- Identify false premises in persuasive writing.
- Recognize and analyze use of ambiguity, contradiction, paradox, irony, overstatement, and understatement in text.
- Generate and respond logically to literal, inferential, evaluative, synthesizing, and critical-thinking questions before, during, and after reading texts.