CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 75562598
Operate mowing, trimming, and grounds-care equipment.
Operation should include
- selecting PPE
- wearing appropriate clothing
- performing a pre-operations check
- fueling the equipment
- starting the equipment
- using an appropriate operating speed
- following procedures for operating equipment on grades and slopes
- shutting down the equipment.
- What is the difference between commercial and residential mowing equipment?
- What is the advantage of a self-propelled mower over a conventional push mower?
- What is the difference between edging and trimming?
- Why must operators be trained before operating any equipment?
- What is the best source of information on any piece of equipment?
- Why should grounds be surveyed before equipment use?
- What does ROPS stand for? What is its purpose?
- Why should hot equipment not be fueled?
- What direction should be used when mowing a grade with a push mower? Riding mower?